Use these pages to fill your Emergency Preparedness Notebook. Pages you need to get your Emergency Preparedness Manual created for survey. Medicare will be requiring all healthcare businesses that accept Medicare to have a Written Emergency Preparedness Plan Notebook. It is now Mandatory! If you understand and know the requirements for the New Emergency Preparedness Plan that CMS is requiring than this notebook could accomplish your goal, and some of the CMS requirements. Right now from my understanding, there are 4 main elements that all home health providers must have in their emergency preparedness programs.
Training and Testing
Some providers must also develop and conduct an emergency preparedness training program and practice various scenarios . At a minimum, training and practicing the program must include training for new and existing staff in emergency preparedness procedures as well as annual refresher training for all staff. Staff must demonstrate knowledge of emergency procedures during for the office, at the client’s home and for their own family. Conducting drills and exercises allows agencies to evaluate their emergency plans in order to identify gaps in the plans, and areas for improvement.
These elements must focus on the continuation of operations before during, and after a disaster, all phases must be included.
The new requirements are for the following 17 categories:
Target Audience: The final rule applies to 17 categories of providers and suppliers:
• Critical Access Hospitals
• Long-Term Care Facilities, Skilled Nursing Facilities, and Nursing Facilities
• Religious Nonmedical Health Care Institutions
• Ambulatory Surgical Centers
• Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facilities
• Programs of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly
• Transplant Centers
• Intermediate Care Facilities for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities
• Home Health Agencies
• Comprehensive Outpatient Rehabilitation Facilities
• Clinics, Rehabilitation Agencies, and Public Health Agencies as Providers of Outpatient Physical Therapy and Speech-Language Pathology Services
• Community Mental Health Centers
• Organ Procurement Organizations
• Rural Health Clinics and Federally Qualified Health Centers
• End-Stage Renal Disease Facilities
https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Provider-Enrollment-and-Certification/SurveyCertEmergPrep/Downloads/EP-Rule-Table-Provider-Type.pdf link for your type of health industry requirements.